[AT] A wasteland on TV

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 5 12:56:35 PDT 2004

I have satellite (star choice) here and while its true that you are somewhat
restricted to taking packages , there is the option of "pick and pay" where
you can choose a few favourite channels and add them to the basic package.
Seems pretty expensive though. They are smart putting those packages
together. You have to take a few uninteresting channels just to get the one
that you like. Kind of like the old days of buying an LP record just for one
song.
I find that after a days work I am pretty easily amused and can sit through
most anything thats on tv. After a while I do tend to get more selective
though. And at over $40 a month I'll be jiggered if I am going to spend a
minute watching commercials. My finger is never far from the remote ready to
switch back to another interesting channel just to avoid the commercial.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/