SV: [AT] international lowboy

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Thu Aug 5 09:36:34 PDT 2004

All I can tell you is what is in "the book":

Manufactured 1970-74, 4 cyl 20 0CID gas or 239 CID diesel, 59 hp, either
8/4 or 16/8 transmission, 4430 lbs.

We had one in the shop with an IH loader before I retired, and it looked
like a nice machine. The owner was willing to pay to have the engine
rebuilt, and we were able to find a remanunfactured engine for it, so at
least the engines are available. The loader was driven off of a pump
that was driven off the front pulley. The rest of looked pretty much
standard  1970's IH, and I thought it was a pretty nice looking machine.
Good Luck with your new machine!

Mike

Kessen Mattias (Road SE) wrote:

> I bought myself an IH 2500B industrial Lowboy,dsl, hydro.  Does
> anyone know much about these tractors?  I hope to get it home this
> weekend.  Don't know if it will feel comfortable amongst my Olivers
> though!  Haven't told my wife yet either!!
>

> Maybe you should suggest some kind of trip for your wife this weekend?

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Blog: <www.mikesloane.blogspot.com
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
  -  George Santayana (1863-1952); US (Spanish-born) philosopher.