[AT] PORTLAND CAMPING UPDATE

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Mon Aug 2 19:03:40 PDT 2004

    I now have 26 comfirmed campers for the Tri-State show at Portland, Indiana.
    Talked with Chris englehardt on Friday night, and he will again reserve our
area. I have asked for and he has agreed to reserve the same area as last year
and also more room across the bridge like we had a few years ago.
    The camp grounds will be open on Saturday, August 14. There will be no early
arrivals allowed at the fairgrounds as has been done in the past. The fair board
and fire marshall has put a stop to this and there will be no place to wait in
line until Saturday morning. Our area will be roped off and available at this
time.
    Many of the campers have upgraded their facilities to motor homes and larger
travel trailers. We will have to make the most efficient use of our space to
accomodate everyone and their personal vehicles. My thoughts are to use the area
across the bridge for campers not requiring electricity and for our personal
vehicles. I would like your feedback on this arrangement.
    There will be about 14 acres of dirt to play in, so if you would like to
bring a tractor and plow or disc or even a harrow, you will have an opportunity
to smell a little fresh soil. There will be cutting and shocking of oats each
day and you can help with this.
    Also, we would like to set up some small demonstrations in our exhibit area.
If possible, we would like to have items like grist mills, corn shellers, grain
cleaners and maybe a buzz saw. Check your lofts and neighbors for anything you
have that may be of interest. Have a small flat drive belt? Bring that along
too, we may need it.
    Chris has worked hard for us every year and he deserves our cooperation and
I have promised as many volunteers as I can muster to help with show setup. Hope
you are all behind me on this.
    See you all there.

        Gene Dotson A.T.I.S. Wagonmaster

                gdotsly at loganrec.com