[AT] OT - Quiet generator

Michael P. Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 12:18:15 PDT 2004

John, properly setup, a military surplus generator is real quiet.  I have a
3kw, with a small 4cyl engine on it, and after the 10 feet of copper pipe
with a muffler that runs up the back of my house, you can barely hear it...

I can take pics if anyone is interested...

<tractor content>
Dad has a 5kw mil generator/trailer that we plan on putting an air
compressor, torches, and welder on, to make a 'wonder trailer' for working
on tractors at the pulls, or in the field.  Looks to be a fun project as
well, pics also available of this project too.
</tractor content>

Mike