[AT] W-30 Nigerian Scam-ongoing

Tom tmartin at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 30 16:29:47 PDT 2004

Dave Ernst wrote:

> Never thought it would happen to me, but this scam artist evidently saw an
> ad I placed in the Western Iron Trader regarding selling a tractor.
> If you read from the bottom up you can see how I am playing the game.
> I'm beginning to get a little nervous, like, just how far do I go?  I'd love
> to get the check, it would make neat wallpaper for the shop wall. He wants
> the check cashed immediately, which is in keeping with the scam, but what
> about this shipping agent?  Does anyone suppose it will go that far?
> In need of advise.
>
> Dave
>
> thanks for your mail.try to check your mailing box every day but the payment
> will arrived at your location as soon as possible.the payment will at your
> location by fedex counier.if you received the payment ley be cash instantly.
>     best regards
>     smith,,,,,,

This was played out a couple of weeks ago on another list.
The cashier's check will prove to either be stolen or fraudulent.
They rely on banks honouring straight away instead of waiting
for clearance. "Your good" money forwarded to the shipping agent
is what the want, they don't want your tractor!

Contact your bank, I think they will be interested in playing it
out to the extent of checking the antecedents of the check.

Tom