[AT] Farmall tractor

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Fri Apr 30 19:28:54 PDT 2004

Cecil,

It sounds like Lucille is on our side!!!  See... I new you did right by
buying her the Cub.

The BN is an 8" narrower version (I think that's why the N) of a Farmall B.
They originally had narrow front ends, but sometimes people installed A
front axles on them.  I have no idea why, but it was fairly common.  It made
more sense than the equally common putting a B narrow front on an A to make
a lop-sided tractor.

Now here's another B question... I just received pictures of a B that is for
sale.  It has rear weights.  The weight on the driver's side is much
thinner.  I was never aware of the different weights.  Anyone?

BTW... the B has a woods belly mower and looks very good for the money.
($1500)  Straight and ready for paint.  It's near Portland, IN.  It would
fit well in your new trailer.  :-)  I have the guy's phone number.

George Willer