[AT] Two Allis Chalmers U's

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 14:41:47 PDT 2004

I grew up on a D-10.  I never drove a D-14 until I traded a guy a D-10 for
the D-14 that is now my working tractor.  That was about 10 years ago.  I
sure wish we had one back when we were farming.  It is amazing to me that
the D-14, with the same engine as the D-10, will do so much more work.  I
have two other D-14's including the rusty one.  I intend to restore one or
both of them some day depending on how many parts I can find.  The rusty one
is some what unique in that it is a single front wheel version.  That is why
the orriginal owner didn't like it.  He said it turned over easily.
Allis made a lot of single front wheel tractors but only 54 single front
wheel D-14's.

Charlie