[AT] Sealing a tire to a rim

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Apr 30 15:23:06 PDT 2004

Charlie, have you coated the sidewall and bead with soap solution to
check for where the air is really leaking?  If the tire is as stiff as
you say it is, I'd suspect that you're loosing air right through the
sidewalls.  If that's the case, go down to your local salvage yard and
get a different tire.  If the leak really is at the bead, then get a can
of bead sealer at Rural King or TSC.  George said it right -- if you
don't have the time to fix it right the first time, when are you going
to find the time to redo it?

Larry