[AT] Sealing a tire to a rim

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Apr 30 07:34:34 PDT 2004

http://www.safetyseal.com/store/chemical.htm is the stuff I use. I get
it at the local Parts Plus auto parts store. But I have seen it at NAPA
and a couple tire shops. I paid 14.50 about 4 years ago for a can of the
flammable stuff (works much better than the nonflammable version) that
I'm still using....  It brushes on like the old permatex and fills the
voids between the rubber and the rim, it doesn't bond them together
though like a glue would. It does bond to the rubber though and when you
dismount the tire it will stay stuck to it so if you want to put them on
a different rim or reuse them on the current rim you almost have to buff
it off. (or just put another layer on which is what I do). The spray
would probably be easier to use though.

They also carry mounting lube, plug kits, tube patch kits and other tire
repair items.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY