[AT] Sealing a tire to a rim

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 03:46:45 PDT 2004

> Steve where do you find that stuff?  Tire store,  auto parts, ????
>
> Charlie

	Charlie, I have a continuing problem with golf cart tires and
other small ones on several wagons that I use for gen sets or small
engines. It seems to me that clean rims and good tires do not stay
sealed for long. I suspect the rubber dries out and then the leak
starts. I take the golf cart wheels to the local golf cart guy and
he uses a bead sealer on them and that seems to stop the leak for
good. He has a can of it and uses a small paint brush to swab the
rim before seating the tires.

	While I was at Le Sueur I asked the Miller Tire guys if they
had anything in the way of a bead sealer but they didn't have any with
them. They told me they were sure they carried it at the store.

	I am going to do as Alan Riley suggested and try NAPA but I
have a feeling if I really want to stop the leaks I am going to have
to buy tubes.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson