[AT] Long tractor

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Apr 29 05:31:42 PDT 2004

Wayne there used to be a lot of Long tractors around this area. (we are only
about 60 miles from Long Manufacturing Co).

The farmers didn't particularly like them because they were not as precise
for cultivation as the IH, JD, Ford, MF tractors (yes my blood is still
orange but I'm talking about the era near the end of AC)  In fact AC sold
some small tractors in the late 70's early 80's that were the same as some
of the Long models.

Even though the farmers didn't like them they still work very well for
utility work, mowing, loader tractors, etc.  Lots of farmers had them.  They
just weren't the primary tractor around the place.

However, if you ever find a LONG combine ( I doubt there is one still
standing) don't walk away.  RUN as fast as you can.

Charlie