[AT] Two Allis Chalmers U's

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:41:29 PDT 2004

Hello all,

   Last fall, Dad and I found an Allis Chalmers U on rubber on an abandoned
yard site out near the home place.   The owner had fairly recently bought
the place and did not know it was there.  This spring he finally got out
there to have a look and promptly called Dad back to tell him that there
were actually TWO Allis U's out there!   He also mentioned that his sons
might want to restore them so he would be keeping them for now - but check
back in a couple of years.
   Last weekend I took the digital out for a drive and stopped by the place
to see if I could find this hidden tractor we had missed.  I felt it was
mildly embarrasing that I had actually missed a find that was right there
under my nose, and wanted to see some proof.  :-)  Well, it is there
alright, but man is it ever deep into the bushes!  No wonder I couldn't find
the darn thing the first time out.  I almost bashed my shins on it before I
saw it.  Whew!
   There was one other thing that I thought was pretty cool - both of these
tractors serial numbers differ by only three numbers!  Pretty wild eh?  I
have a notion that Dad and I will be the new owners of these tractors sooner
than later.  Hopefully we can get them this summer.   Check the link below
for some snapshots of the things I saw on Sunday.  Neat stuff!

http://groups.msn.com/GrantsOldTractorGoodies/sundaymorningcruise.msnw?albumlist=2

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada