[AT] Holiday Charity Auction Results

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 05:42:21 PDT 2004

I have one more Red Cross story to share.  Perhaps I shouldn't because
admittedly I can't pass Walt's personal knowledge test.
However I trust my source much better than I trust my eye sight as to the
condition of a set of pistons I can only see in a picture on the internet.

A friend of mine was in Vietnam.  His grand father died.  The Red Cross
found him and made the notification.  He sadly accepted the news but the Red
Cross guy kept after him about why he was not going home for the funeral.
He said he didn't see the need to go that his tour was over soon and he
would see the family when he got home.   The Red Cross guy wouldn't let it
go.  He kept insisting that he should go home and told the guy he would
arrange everything.
So the Red Cross sent him home.  When he got back to Vietnam the Red Cross
showed up again to present him with the bill for the trip home.  They had
implied that they would pay for it.  He didn't have a clue they intended to
bill him for it.

Charlie