[AT] Hail in the Heartland

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Apr 28 07:42:31 PDT 2004

Ralph:

Nice sunny day here today and no wind. But no power either. We have had much
worse storms here than we had yesterday w/o losing power. Don't know why
it's taking so long to restore power this time. There are so many new homes
being built in the area that maybe the system is overloaded. We live 8 miles
out in the country and its 8 miles to the closest town or city and the new
housing developments are all around us. I guess the secret is out!  :-) As
one of the fellow ATIS members who visited us stated: "We live so far out in
the country that the June Bugs don't get here until August". Me thinks that
must have come from someone who lives too close to the city!  :-)

I've never heard of or seen a Manitoba portable engine before either.  Very
interesting.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not
strong enough.--John Christian Bovee

www.deerelegacy.com