[AT] Machinist setup???

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 04:33:37 PDT 2004

Several ways to do this.  Not knowing what you have available, it leaves a
little to imagination.  One way would be to drill a pattern, lay that in the
bottom of your vise, position the vise with the pattern in the bottom and place a
pin in one of the holes drilled to locate the other hole to be drilled.
Drilling the first hole in the stock might be done by referencing the stock to
then end of the vise or another stop. If I could see a picture of the part to be
made it would be a little easier to suggest..  I lost the other reply to  this
post, so I am sorta shooting in the dark.  You can stack up your stock in the
bandsaw vise and cut several pieces at once to eliminate the length errors
also.....

Cecil in OKla