[AT] 630lpg starting problems

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Apr 20 11:07:39 PDT 2004

My guess it is related to the actual voltage getting to the distributor when
the starter is engaged. If the battery is low or the contacts corroded the
starter will drag down the voltage to where the spark is not what it needs
to be. If it pull starts easily then I would not start chasing anything but
things related to the battery or ignition connections in the beginning.
There is a possibility that the starter bypass switch isn't working, or the
wiring isn't correct that normally sends the temporary 12V to the coil when
the starter is engaged. However, if it starts good pulling then that is not
the issue either because then the coil is being fed only 6V. But dependent
on how it is wired.

It is possible that the starter isn't turning the engine over fast enough or
as fast as the engine turns over when it is pull started. Then there is a
possibility of all kinds of other problems causing the hard starting. It's
really hard to diagnose this w/o being there.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not
strong enough.--John Christian Bovee

www.deerelegacy.com