[AT] OT: TourdeGeorgia 4/20-25

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 12:22:43 PDT 2004

A big event in north GA this week is the annual professional cycling stage
race; this year the principal rider is Lance Armstrong.   Course totals 641
miles, with over 11 miles of climbs.   Sunday, the final day they go two
miles north of us; later on they are two miles south of us, on their race
into Alpharetta (north Atlanta).    Friday, we will go about an hour north
and watch them on some step climbs (in the foothills).   They finish
Saturdays race at Brasstown Bald Mountain, 4783 feet, highest point in GA.
Estimated race time totals 24 hours; 26.7 mph average.
I am aware of many former/present motorcyclists in our group; I imagine
there also are quite a few bicycle enthusiasts in our group.   Web site is
http://www.tourdegeorgia.org/.
Herbert Metz