[AT] Feeding Pheasants

SEITHR at denison.edu SEITHR at denison.edu
Sun Apr 18 14:09:26 PDT 2004

I read an interesting article a while back (from Minnesota Cooperative
Extension Service? somebody like that) that said most of the pheasants in the
US today are hybrids from the many attempts to introduce the birds in the 19th
century. No single introduction seemed to be a smash success, but the
surviving birds managed to get together and interbreed. So what we have as
ringnecks here in this country are different from what you'll find anywhere
else.

Or so the article said.

All I know for sure is that the pheasants we have in northeast Ohio are wily
birds who can be hunted in fields of standing corn. They are sneaky and
DELICIOUS.

Bob Seith