[AT] AC WD-45s at auction

rasmith4 at juno.com rasmith4 at juno.com
Sun Apr 18 04:47:30 PDT 2004

Carl

I saw the flyer for that one and decided not to go as I figured I didn't need a WD-45.  Sounds like you had fun.  The weather sure seemed to be cooperative.
There are several more Burton's auctions coming up, but none as close to your home as that one!

Richard
In Central NY

-- "carl gogol" <cgogol at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
I went to an auction today that was about 5 miles from my house that had two
WD-45s in good to very good shape.  Both started easily, ran clean and had
good to excellent rubber.  They were both stored inside and the paint was
original.  Fenders on both were some type of imitation of the new generation
flat topped fenders, don't know if he had made them or they are available
for purchase someplace.  Make for a nice place for a rider compared to OEM
type.

Well, I just went to make sure the price paid for them was fair - if not
balanced.  First bid was $1000 which was already above my final and best
intention for an offer.

The tricycle version went first and ended at $2,000
the wide front had a loader and ended at $2200.  Fair and balanced prices in
my mind.

There also was a nice "two row" corn Sheller that had a crank or could be
set up with a flat belt.  I was interested in it a lot, and when the bidding
started the auctioneer asked $1000, as he worked his way down I got talking
and the bidding stalled at $50.  I was off to the side and was trying to get
a bid in for $60 when he sold it, just before he saw me.  (#@%$%%  this was
the best Sheller I have ever seen and it went for $50!

Bid on a 2 row AC snap corn planter in great shape and with all the plates.
I made the winner pay for this, dropping out at $375 - about 75 more than I
would have normally gone.  Still a pretty good price to the winner, these
are hard to find and in such good shape.

All I got was a $3 motor with a grinding wheel that I want to convert to a
wire brush.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H