[AT] Mustang

bwhdon acton at onramp.bz
Sun Apr 18 05:47:06 PDT 2004

Ive rebuilt quite a few engines and always oiled every thing up real good
before starting, turned the engine over with out ignition to prime the oil
pump and all bearings etc and never experianced an engine burning oil as
long as 15 minutes on start up. Might have been a stuck ring or valve seal
causing the oily situation. Not knowing how you rebuilt the engine and how
it was assembled or primed it would be hard to say why it did it. But it
sounds like a oil scraper hadn't seated or was stuck a bit until it got
warmed up. If it doesn't get better after a some hours of running I'd wonder
if a ring didn't get broke when installed or a valve seal is leaking.

Don