[AT] LeSueur, Minnesota Swap Meet

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Apr 17 19:19:29 PDT 2004

Indeed, this event is just about upon us, this upcoming weekend.  You can see the particulars at www.pioneerpowershow.com, click on the Swap Meet button.

There started a tradition in 1998 amongst the ATIS list folks to gather at the swap meet at noon Saturday at the Miller Tire Truck for a group picture and associated lie swapping.  These annual pics are posted, and the guilty are identified, at www.apluscomputer.com/atis.  There is at least one deceased member of our group, as the first year we had a picture of our beloved Neil Yerigan.  I didn't really know who he was at the time of the picture but later came to respect this helpful magneto man from his list postings and from his book which I bought.

Serious shoppers will want to be there on Friday, of course.

Anyway, I plan to be at the Miller Tire Truck at noon, Saturday, with camera ready.  You might send the list a note if you plan to attend so the rest of us can look up your face if you've been there before and we can pretend we would have remembered your name anyway.

I am posting this to the lists I belong to: engine, antique tractor, and john deere.  Feel free to repost to other lists if you wish.

Look forward to seeing a good group next weekend, that's Saturday, April 24, high noon.

Um, the event is increasingly popular.  I'd be there plenty early if you plan to park anywhere close, although they also seem to improve the grounds each year so they kind of keep pace with the increasing popularity.  And it may take you a while to spot the Miller Tire Truck, there's just a lot of territory to cover.  If you need last minute directions my cell phone is 507 951 2397.

Above all, travel safely and have a good time!

B²
Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, Minnesota USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.