[AT] Transmission/Differential Fluid

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Thu Apr 15 19:37:52 PDT 2004

I use 80-90.  Walmart was closing out 5 gallon containers a few months ago.
$10 for 5 gallon of gear oil.  I bought it all. :)
Too bad it was only 20 gallon total.

If you want to use a lighter oil, use hydraulic fluid similar to a John
Deere J20C spec.  It is hydraulic oil, but has additives to take the
pressure of the gear meshes.  It is what all the tractors use now.   I don't
think automatic transmission fluid will have the extreme pressure additives
in it.

Jim