[AT] OT Craftsman Compressor

Tom Armstrong toma at risingnet.net
Wed Apr 14 09:23:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Andy Glines wrote:

> available from craftsman and reasonably priced.  All the parts in the world
> wont help if they keep breaking.  Has anyone else dealt with this?  Is there
> anywhere else I should be looking for the answer?  The machine is probably 8
> yrs old and has served us very well.

We have a 6hp Craftsman that we have had a long time, maybe more than 10
yrs. It is not oilless unless we forget to put any in. It started getting
noisy about 3 years ago but is still holding together. The compressor is
of a cheapo crappy design. We have a better one to replace it with when it
goes.

Tom Armstrong  toma at sangregorio.org  San Gregorio, CA  s. 1892
Barnyard Technology--- Ideas for tomorrow -> from yesterday's scrap.
     4th, 5th, 6th generation on family farm. Can Ag Sustain?
                http://www.sangregorio.org/