[AT] La Case update

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 06:53:29 PDT 2004

Yesterday i spent the whole day removing the left brake drum from my LA out
in the neighbors field. The brake shoes were frozen to the hub and the wheel
cylinder was frozen in the on position but with a home made wheel puller and a
lot of heat two big hammers and a little ingenuity  I was ablt to get the whole
thing off in one piece Boy it was not easy. that thing was so heavy that had
to get my Kubota and lift it with the bucket. It put a good strain on at that.
Well we got the drum off and the had to brake one shoe and the cylinder to
get it out of the drum, I hope I can get replacements for these. I saw some
wheels cylinders on ebay awhile back but the were still on the tractor so no way
of telling how good they were.  Today we hope to tow her home now that she will
roll on all four. Wish me luck on that it weighs in at about 7500 lb.
I still have to remove the wheels and brakes from the Massey Harris 44 that
we drove home the other day. I think my summer is pretty much layed out for me.
But then when all is over I should have two nice old tractors to play with.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460