[AT] Names that have become generic

Billy Hood aggie1967 at msn.com
Mon Apr 12 17:36:54 PDT 2004

I remember the TI59 well.  We used them in late 70's early 80's to do least cost ration formulations at least weakly.  They were crude, but we could use them much faster than by hand or with the 4 function hand held we had at that time.  My wife started programming on the 59 and later basic and on down the line.  She developed a computer lab in Blackwell, ISD, Tx before IBM developed their first PC.
Bear
  From: charlie hill<mailto:chill8 at cox.net>

    There was a kid in my class whose dad owned a 2 way
  comunications business.  He had the best of everything including a brand new
  TI59 mag card programable calculator.