[AT] Names that have become generic

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 14:56:07 PDT 2004

David I still have my Post Versalog and my CRC manual of Physics and
Chemistry.

As a side note.  I was back in school in the mid 80's taking a refresher
Calculus course.  There was a kid in my class whose dad owned a 2 way
comunications business.  He had the best of everything including a brand new
TI59 mag card programable calculator.  I had to settle for a TI55.  Both
were big by todays standards with LED displays that really ate batteries.

This kid had gotten the professors permission to use his  TI59 in class and
on tests.  He had programmed it to do certain equations.
Some of the class dummies heard him feeding the mag card through it during a
test and protested that he was cheating.  The professor told them that he
had permission to use it and that if anyone  else in the room wanted to buy
one and was smart enough to program it to do the problems that he would give
them an A.

Charlie

Charlie