[AT] In the right place at the right time :)

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Sun Apr 11 12:22:47 PDT 2004

I did one just like this.  The bottom rods were bolted to anchors buried in
cement, so I sawed them off.  The material in these towers is fairly light
stuff so I had no trouble lowering it with a good rope as high on the tower
as possible (at least above the center of the weight!!!).  Find someone to
climb that tower for you.  It's not that hard...even a fat, old guy like me
can do it.  Be sure to take a good look for any power lines anywhere close.
The sections in the one I got were held together by bolts and nuts; a bit of
penetrant helped.  When I put it back up, I dug a hole, put the bottom
section in the hole, and put some post cement around it.  It works dandy for
my FM radio and tv in the shop.

Rog