[AT] Dodge diesel oil filter number

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Apr 10 07:32:20 PDT 2004

Rob,  I'm starting to understand your arguement.  IF the flow to the mains
comes off of the pump ahead of the filter like the flow to the valve train
does ( I can't find that in the book and haven't gone out and checked mine
over) then ALL of the oil that drains out of the filter goes directly to the
sump.  IF that is the case then I agree that the restriction caused by the
rag filter prevents too much oil from flowing back to the sump and keeps
part of the flow under presure and going to the engine bearings.

I was thinking that the flow to the bearings came off the filter outlet but
maybe not.

Charlie