[AT] OT: Cleaning brass ?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 13:20:44 PDT 2004

It might be Bob but MOST of the TSP you find in grocery stores, at least in
states that limit phosphates, does not have any Tri Sodium Phosphate in it.
TSP has become a trademark.  TSP (the company) makes both products.  In my
area I have to go to the paint store to get TSP that is really Tri Sodium
Phosphate.

When I took my lead hazard training a few years back the folks teaching the
course warned us about TSP free TSP.  It is the primary product used to
clean up lead contamination because the phosphate binds the lead particles.
The tsp free TSP won't work.

Charlie