[AT] Dodge diesel oil filter number

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 13:15:49 PDT 2004

Rob,  I have a reproduction of a B manual on my desk right now.  The oil
pump has a presure regulator.  The line from the pump has a Tee in it before
it gets to the filter.  One outlet of the tee goes to the valve train, the
other goes to the filter housing where the oil is pumped through the center
tube to the top inside of the filter where it is forced down through the
rags and then flows out to the block and the mains.   I don't understand how
restricting the oil flow ahead of the filter can create more oil presure to
the mains.

Charlie