[AT] Dodge diesel oil filter number

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Fri Apr 9 05:58:13 PDT 2004

Wix like every other company out there has made changes in
manufacturing to save the company money so that all of us
that invest with them for retirement keep investing. If you
go to the unofficial Allis-Chalmers site and check the board
for oil filters you will be shocked at the amount of complaints
there. WIX makes filters for NAPA and also AGCO. Without either
companies knowledge (as far as anyone will admit) WIX made
a media design change to a paper element and added a rubber
anti-drainback valve. This is a huge difference over the
original style that used cotton packing. The engineers
ASSumed that this improvement would cause no problems and
save them big money since they didn't have to buy cotton
anymore and could get rid of the costly machines that make
the filters. This affected all B, C, WC, WD, WD45, D17 etc...
tractors. Even with huge amounts of complaints and documentation
that the change caused engines failures by the dozens they
refused to pay for the damages. AGCO however after getting
tons of complaints recalled the filters and replaced them
with a new but similar to the old design filter. This
works but usually still gives lower oil pressure readings
than the previous design. So what may sound good to you
via propaganda sent out by marketing departments might not
be as good as it should be. Sure this is only one instance
that I know of personally but if you collect Allis-Chalmers
tractors and use them and not just display them this
will have a grave impact on you faith in the company that
sold you the filter.

Rob