[AT] Small square hay bales?

Tom Armstrong toma at risingnet.net
Thu Apr 8 09:33:25 PDT 2004

Out here in California all hay is sold in 3 wire bales. At the feed stores
and hay suppliers it is sold by the bale. This winter good hay, alfalfa,
grass or grain was running $10-12 a bale. If you are buying you want heavy
bales, if selling light bales. 3 wire bales are supposed to run 16 to the
ton but I suspect most bales are between 80 and 100 lbs.

I got a few acres of oats and vetch planted a few weeks ago. Now I have to
fix the D2 with the PTO and the mower before it is time to cut.

Tom Armstrong  toma at sangregorio.org  San Gregorio, CA  s. 1892
Barnyard Technology--- Ideas for tomorrow -> from yesterday's scrap.
     4th, 5th, 6th generation on family farm. Can Ag Sustain?
                http://www.sangregorio.org/