Free energy was Re: [AT] Way OT Crystal sets

Bob Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Thu Apr 8 06:21:10 PDT 2004

Charlie;

There are quite a few places that will sell linear amplifiers tuned for
CB use.  The truckers like to have lots of power.  But any amp designed
for 10 meter Ham radio will work on CB, it's 11 meters.

The CB in my pickup was tuned up by the local CB shop to have about 30
watts , When I picked it up he was installing a new set in a Peterbilt
tractor, twin antennas, 1000 watt amp, and the set was modified with
sliders, so you could get between channels.  Slightly illegal, but
apparently it makes up 95% of his business, and most of his radios were
manufactured with a lot more "Features" than the FCC will allow.

Bob