[AT] OT Question OT

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Wed Apr 7 09:08:29 PDT 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if what Phil said is correct. A month or so ago a
guy asked me to wipe XP off of his PC and put '98 on it. In the beginning I
hadn't realized that his XP was useing NTFS, I made up a boot disk for the
A: drive so I could format the C: drive and still have a way too boot the
PC. I wanted to test the boot disk before wipeing C:. Popped the boot disk
in, and it didn't show the harddrive. It did however assign the cd-rom drive
as C:. I ran FDisk, and boom there was the harddrive in NTFS, deleted the
NTFS partition made it FAT and presto I had the system just were I wanted it
to begin '98 installation.

BTW the guy is happy with his decision to revert to '98.

Dave Laughead
Arcanum, Ohio