[AT] Way OT Crystal sets

Bob Seith seithr at denison.edu
Wed Apr 7 08:09:37 PDT 2004

I think that one may have been in one of the Scouting manuals, because I
remember building it with my brother. Yes, the instructions specifically
said a blued blade didn't work as well. Dunno why. Anyway, we got Dad to
switch to ordinary blades for one pack, and so had a good supply. There
was a dinky radio station just six miles away that came in pretty well
(WPVL, Painesville, Ohio, 1460 on the AM dial), and of course anybody up
on the lake shore could get CKLW (Windsor, Ontario/Detroit, Mich) which,
while at the other end of the dial, was blasting away with 50,000 watts
across the water.

You could ALMOST pull in that station using just the fillings in your teeth.

Bob Seith