[AT] Way OT Crystal sets

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Wed Apr 7 08:09:47 PDT 2004

I'm kind of a youngster myself.  I didn't get a crystal set until about
1955 or so.  Traded a target 22 rifle for it.  Big mistake there.  At
any rate, not knowing much about radios and such, I strung an antenna
wire above and full length of my Dad's machine shed with a tin roof.
Boy, did that work!  I could put on the headset and stick that little
pin on that crystal and pick up stuff from who knows where.  Wish I
still had it.

Ron Cook,
Salix, IA