[AT] OT Question OT

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Apr 6 07:37:29 PDT 2004

Walt: Well now I just have to ask. Why do you need an 80GB hdrive for
XP? Only reason I can think of is cache and if that is the reason your
problem is not hdrive space. Most usually fail to have enough RAM but
hdrive space even at 20 or 40 more than necessary, especially if you are
just using it for internet access. Now if you think XP means many more
tractor pictures are coming in then I must say 120GB is not enough. I
have the XP OS on a thumb drive and it is not even 2GB. BTW everyone
should get one or more of those thumb drives to hold those favorite
tractor and grandchildren pictures on. Sorry for rambling but I did make
the tractor reference, didn't I?
I would add however, 80GB is not near enough hdrive space for me but XP
is not the culprit.

Richard: I would bet the printer and scanner are both Plug-n-Play if
they are only a couple of years old.  I still would encourage you to
investigate XP. It has less problems than W98 SE. I did not say it had
not problems as we all know better, but any of them you MUST get all the
patches and fixes up to date or you will continue to have more and more
problems. In fact one of my several thumb drives (flash drive) is
totally devoted to fixes and patches for Microsoft OS's.

Wayne