[AT] Names that have become generic

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:46:03 PDT 2004

> Brian:
>
> No wonder, a ME would never understand!  :-) I suspect the term "condenser"
> got coined in the early days of automobile development.

I'm an ME myself, but I use the term condenser quite often.  Back in the day when I would look for any and all electrical "projects" books I could find, most were old books from the 50's and 60's (small town libraries...) - therefore I was always looking for condensers for projects.  I tried building a crystal radio one time - you know the kind where you wind your own coil? It called for a "mica" condenser.  I had a hard time finding one of those.  Finally located one years later in an old box full of miscellaneous parts.  Still have that radio project - still doesn't work :-) (or just can't hear anything w/o an amplifier).

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN