[AT] Another stationary

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 6 00:42:53 PDT 2004

There were a lot of different gas Cats preceding the D-series.

Many remained in production well after diesel Cats were well accepted.

The gas engine made more sense in many cases where the hassle of
maintaining both the diesel and the pony motor wasn't wanted, and fuel
economy wasn't an issue.

The earlier gassers had numbers, which roughly corresponded to horsepower.

Later, when diesels came in, the gassers used the same designation as
the equivalent sized diesel, but with an R instead of a D.
(The first diesel models had an RD designation, that's another long story.)

This one appears to be an R2, or its number series predecessor, the 22.

Dave Merchant