[AT] another Allis Chalmers question

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 21:01:43 PDT 2004

> Cecil,
> Yes, the Nelson oval mufflers are still available. There was a recent discussion
> of this on the Unofficial Allis-Chalmers discussion board. Seems that the Nelson
> mufflers can vary widely in price between A-C dealers.
>
> Phil

	Both Gil and Charlie mentioned Valu-Bilt as a good source for this
muffler, Phil. I just checked the size of the exhaust pipe hole in the
manifold on mine and it seems to be 1 1/2".  I noted that Valu-Bilt's
muffler is listed has being 1 3/8". I wonder if any of you know what size
the D-12 uses?  I thought it should be 1 1/2".

	As to prices between dealers, when I get to Minnesota the week
after next, I'll ask the dealer near my home town. I have always gotten
much better prices from him than the local dealer here.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson