[AT] Reply about the rider in Chernobyl

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 04:57:54 PDT 2004

> Steve----Thanks for posting Arnie's reply concerning the Chernobyl VS. TMI.
> I sure hope that his belief concerning U. S plants is correct.
>

> H. L. Staples
> McLoud, Oklahoma
> USA

H.L.

I was fortunate enough to have been under the mentorship of a very
experienced and knowledgeable engineer with the Tulsa District Corps of Engineers.
After the TMI iincident he was on the investigation team from the Corps to analyze
the other Nuclear sites in the US.  He was not only a good concrete design
engineer, but a good all around engineer.  After he returned from his duty on
the investigative team, his comment to me was in case of an earthquake, or
nuclear attack, his first place to go would be one of those nuclear reactors...
He described the reinforcing and concrete in one of the sites, and he also had
pictures of the construction of one...   The concrete and steel in these is
massive.  It is beyond imagination, you have to see it to believe....

Cecil in OKla