[AT] Help with Gooseneck Hitch selection needed

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 19:53:38 PDT 2004

Lane;

I've also been looking around for a gooseneck hitch to put in my "new" truck.
I've got a Drawtite remove-a-ball hitch
(http://www.drawtite.com/removaball%20page.htm) in the GMC which is good but all the winter road crud has to be
flushed out of it every spring to keep it from jamming.

I'm leaning toward the Turnover ball hitch for the Chevy. It's got a nice low
profile and doesn't have any kind of plate in the bed. I've also talked with
the guys at the hitch place that I deal with and they really like them for
ease of installation. When I asked if I could install it they said no problem as
long as I didn't mind drilling the 4" hole in the bed. I think it was about
$380 if I installed it but, don't quote me on that.

My only concern with that hitch is the salt and sand in the wheelwell may
make it hard to operate the handle. I guess that I'll just need to be vigilant
about keeping it clean and well lubed.

Good luck,
Karl

In a message dated 4/4/04 4:37:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lmfree at ptd.net