[AT] new album on the ATIS Image Depot

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at intraworldcom.net
Sun Apr 4 18:55:53 PDT 2004

I think you're right about the different railroad gauges.  I don't think
there were any across ocean carferries.  I think someone on the list said
that anything that doesn't fit in a shipping container has to be driven
onboard.  It would be a waste of space and weight to ship the railroad cars
all that distance too.

Riding the Badger across the lake won't save you any time, but for me it's a
lot more fun than driving through Chicago.  It's also an interesting piece
of old iron that has been saved from being scrapped by taking on a new life
as a tourist transporter.

Brian