[AT] Another "bargain": a Worthington tractor

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Apr 4 14:11:04 PDT 2004

Well, I guess the "Cub" PTO adapter was a dud. But I have another "great
opportunity": another co-worker offered to give me his Worthington
tractor (which, I gather, is in pieces, but "ran when parked").

According to him, the Worthington is "sorta like a Ford N" but uses an
assortment of post WWII Dodge/Chrysler for drive train and running gear.
This one has dual rear tires, as it was used for golf course mowing. He
also has a set of gang mowers, but I suspect that he wants to keep them
(for now). He says the sheet metal is in "real good shape", but he
removed it all to do a restoration. Now it is in the way of other
projects, and it needs to go.

Now you know all I know about the Worthington tractor. I was unable to
find any information in various internet searches, so if someone with
more information would be kind enough to point me in the right
direction, it would be much appreciated.

He tells me that it has to go, one way or the other: either I take it or
it goes to the junkyard. So, naturally, I will be taking it. :-) But I
really wonder how much of an "orphan" it is.

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous
than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."