[AT] Names that have become generic

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Apr 4 09:17:47 PDT 2004

What sort of computers were you boys using in '62?  There weren't any hand
held calculators unitl about 68 and they were hundreds of dollars each to *
/ + - and hold one constant.   The computer science guys I went to college
with in the late 60's were using Univac machines.   They spent most of their
time punching holes in cards and the pile of cards for a simple program was
bigger than a small desktop computer of today.

I just didn't know they let 3 year olds play with those things Grant.

Were we THAT backwards here in NC?   I don't think so.

Charlie