[AT] Cub PTO adapter

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Apr 4 08:23:14 PDT 2004

A co-worker was cleaning out his barn and asked me if I wanted a "PTO
reverser" that he found lying in the dirt. If not, he would toss it out.
Of course I said "yes" (as many of you know, I will take almost anything
if the price is right).

It turned out to be (I am pretty sure), an adapter so that the PTO on
the Cub can be used with "standard" 540 PTO implements. It was somewhat
grungy after sitting on the ground for 20+ years. I cleaned it up a
little and posted images on my Fotki sight:

http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/

While it seems to be in excellent condition, it is missing a sleeve of
some kind to connect the Cub PTO shaft to the input shaft of the adapter
(which is identical to the PTO splines). I have not tried to match it up
to the back of one of my Cubs yet, and I suspect that I might also need
some other brackets, which probably can be fabricated. The only marks on
the casting are the letters: "L&S" and some numbers. There was no paint
left, except for a couple of small patches that appeared to be black.

If anyone can give me some more information and possibly a source of the
sleeve I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous
than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."