[AT] Names that have become generic

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Apr 1 22:21:05 PST 2004

You mean as in  AND/NAND OR/NOR and other gates used in TTL and later
CMOS circuits. I recently received a bunch of cards out of an OLD
machine (two chips and approx 100 discrete transistors per board). Makes
me respect the folks who managed to design and fly Apollo equipment with
less computer equipment than a modern calculator.

I still have my Curta sitting here to remind me what state of the art
meant then.... And how truly bad some items are designed and made now..

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY