[AT] HOTLINE ANTIQUE Tractor Guide. Vol III 2003/2004

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 11:56:51 PST 2004

I look at the Hot Line guide's price as a point of negotiation if the
average auction is less than the asking price.  If it is more, I find some
other reason to offer less. :-).

Like others have said, the guide is piece of information where you have had
none before, if there is a better more comprehensive source, I don't know of
it and would be very appreciative if someone would tell me what it is.  If
you are a dealer and sell a lot of tractors of one make or model you have a
very good sense of the value as set by the market place in your area.  For
the rest of us, unless you have one of those pornographic memories, all the
auction prices and models and conditions all blur into useless chemicals in
the brain and you might just as well decide how bad you want it and pay up
to that price.

At an auction, I may or not stop at the average auction price - depending on
how bad I want it, how close to home it is and if the paint is already
Persian #2.

In our area John Deers usually exceed the listed auction range.  ACs are
everywhere compared to the guide.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H