[AT] OFF TOPIC - 7.3 L Diesel Air Filter - 2003 Ford F250

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Thu Apr 1 07:52:59 PST 2004

Although I ran a K&N open cone type filter on my Buick GN for
years it only saw minimal road use. On the truck Cummins does
not recommend using the K&N type filters due to the possibilty
of oil being ingested and coating the turbo blades and the
intake collecting dirt. I did notice some of this oil residue
on my GN when I serviced it. I will probably go with an open
paper marine variation of a Fleetgard filter on the truck for
this reason.

Rob