[AT] OFF TOPIC - 7.3 L Diesel Air Filter - 2003 Ford F250

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Apr 1 10:47:45 PST 2004

Cecil:

I now have 13,800 miles on my Ford F250 7.3L diesel and the truck is 9
months old. I did a lot of pulling out of overdrive on my last trip but I
dropped down to 60 to 65 mph when not in overdrive. But it was sucking a lot
more air than normal. When one hauls a load over the Continental Divide at a
GCVW of 18,000 lbs or more the engine is working pretty hard. :-) This is
probably why the filter is dirty. Although I haven't checked it yet myself,
I tend to have a distrust of those who want to change air filters when the
vehicle seems to be running good. Probably does need changing now that I
give it further thought.

One of the silly things I had happen to me in the early 60's has stuck with
me all these years. When we moved to So CA from IA, gas stations were still
considered "service stations". One service station attendant removed the
filter from the air cleaner on the car and beat it on the concrete driveway,
supposedly to remove the dust and dirt. Then came to me and told me I needed
a new filter because mine was all bent up! Funny how those stupid little
incidents stick with us all these years.

I just don't trust service stations, car dealers, etc anymore.  We have
moved often enough to not have developed a place where I can say. "I trust
them".

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

CRS = Having a Photographic Memory but a shortage of unused film.

www.deerelegacy.com